Sick of inventing / writing hashtags?
So you're a fan of short-form blogging tools that attract readers and traffic to your site. Instagram is short - nothing shorter than a picture and a quirky caption, right?
Hashtags are popular because they help followers discover new content. They are also the key for bloggers - to pull new readers in by using commonly used tags on their photos (not made up ones that go absolutely nowhere). They can be a pain in the ass by being time consuming to write and insert.
Not anymore, I've found a phone app that does all the heavy lifting with just a flick of the finger! Racks of hashtags appear in less than a second!
Here's how it goes:
- Import the photo into the Autohash app.
- Let the app analyse the image.
- HASHTAGS appear like magic!
- Share with Instagram, Pinterest or any app you like, when done.
Notice how it recognized a silhouette?
What about people and activities, buildings and animals? Here are some other examples.
There are some other things of note:
- The Autohash App includes it's own tag.
- It requires Internet access while analyzing images
- It can also include location tags (when GPS is on.)
- Sometimes it gets things wrong.
- Spelling favors (not favours) American English.
Nine times out of ten, it works fine. With a small manual adjustment after the analyzing is over, rectifying mistakes or adding/deleting tags is easy.
- Use well-known names or already-trending hashtags only.
- Don't make up hashtags. ie; #imtoolazytocare or #kickedyourassmofo
- Share over multiple platforms at once. (There are apps that do this)
- Consider including similar tags in the one post like #favours & #favors ; #travelling & #traveling
- Consider using plurals and singulars too. ie; #dog #dogs
There ya go.
With a few things kept in mind, tagging should be made easier by using one of my favourite apps: Autohash.