Australia's Premier Neo-Noir Fiction Author Talks About Growing Up In Woodridge.

Logan City's Dark Fiction Writer Speaks

My ol' mate Steven Knights and I used to knock about the streets of Logan very late at night. We'd get on our push-bikes and wreak havoc until sunrise.
We thought we were tough but it was the eighties. Toughness wasn't measured by drug and knife usage. Staying out late playing Galaga or Space Invaders at the BP servo without our parents permission was our only real crime.
Things have changed since my days in Logan. I hear there's a steady stream of the city's citizens frequently visiting the hospital in Meadowbrook. Some are genuinely ill, while others get a visit by doctors AND police.

What happened to my little town?

Logan City was always a low-socioeconomic area, even right back to its Albert Shire time... but it was safe, young yet growing at a fairly substantial rate.

Steven Knights, Simon Jones and myself were never trouble, just enthusiastic teens.

After I got my driver's licence and a small second-hand car,  Patrick Marot joined our gang. There were camping trips and drinking games I could tell you about but...

And then a girl came on the scene. If you're reading this Nicola Du Thaler, hi! I bet you'd never expect to see your name appear in print way over here.

Yes, Easter holidays offered certain high-school couples a time to get busy.

Simon and Michelle, Douglas and Karen, Knightsie and whomever he was dating at the time, Nicola and myself, unpacked our gear, erected the tents, and zipped down the doors behind us. We only appeared for air, food and showers.  

Logan City became a significant topic in my novel. It's neo-noir which it means it's dark, insidious and written in modern times.

A body count grows as a night killer stalks victims during nights of great thunderstorms.

Strap yourself in, hell is about to come to Logan, to bend your mind and challenge your morals.

It's available through Amazon.com and Kindle.


P.S I should've dedicated this novel to Miss Todhunter. She was my English teacher at Woodridge High during those senior school years. She was the one who suggested I keep on writing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sex Before Marriage and The Devil's Work

Saving a Drowning Pigeon from the Sea.

"Totally Disgraceful!" Review of Silver Sands Resort